How Membership Works
- Choose between two membership options:
- Attend any of our 100+ classes throughout the year.
- Attend special events and lecture series offered exclusively to OLLI at UNT members.
How Classes Work
Our Curriculum Committee, composed of OLLI at UNT members, meets prior to each academic semester to review class proposals and recommend classes for final review and selection by the Director of OLLI at UNT.
- We offer classes at three locations.
- No prerequisites. Members can enroll in any of the classes offered.
- Classes are generally lecture style, followed by Q&A.
- No tests or grades.
- No mandatory assignments.
- Anyone may propose a class.
- Access to 100+ classes each year, taught by UNT professors (both active and retired) as well as area professionals.
- Library privileges at UNT's Willis Library.
- Discounted dining at Robson Ranch Wildhorse Grill.
- OLLI at UNT members are granted special access and discounts to a number of UNT and local events.
- The Barnes & Noble on UNT's Denton campus offers a 10% discount to members who present their OLLI at UNT Member ID card.
- The UNT Parking Office offers OLLI at UNT members their own special parking pass for attending classes on the UNT Denton campus. Members can use this pass to park in the Highland Street Garage at a dramatically reduced rate.
- Our program began as the Emeritus College in 2009. OLLI at UNT would not be where it is today without the vision of Emeritus College's founding Dean, James R. Miller.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Bernard Osher Foundation, our program joined a network of 120 Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes across the United States in 2016.
Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and OLLI at UNT Ambassadors
We offer many opportunities for members to volunteer their expertise. Please click here to learn more about our Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and Ambassador program.