Teaching a Class
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are classes held?
- You can choose to teach at any of our 3 locations.
- Robson Ranch Clubhouse: 9400 Ed Robson Blvd. Denton, TX, 76207
- UNT University Union: 1155 Union Circle Denton, TX, 76203
- UNT New College at Frisco: 2811 Internet Blvd. Frisco, TX 75034
Does OLLI at UNT run all year?
- OLLI at UNT classes are offered during 3 semesters.
- Fall: September – October
- Spring: February – April
- Summer: June - July
What days are classes held?
- Our classes are held on most days of the week at different locations.
- UNT Denton Campus: Classes are held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00am-11:30am and from 11:45am-1:15pm (Fall and Spring Only)
- Robson Ranch: Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-2:30pm, and 2:45pm-4:15pm (Fall and Spring Only)
- UNT New College at Frisco: Classes are held on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00am-11:30am and from 1:00pm-2:30pm
Should I fill out a class proposal form?
- Yes. We encourage you to submit a Class Proposal Form.
How many sessions can be in one class?
- There can be up to 4 sessions in one class. They are usually 90 minutes long but it is recommended to leave time at the end in order for members to ask questions.
Once I have submitted my proposal online, is my class automatically approved?
- No, it will be tentatively scheduled and must be approved by the OLLI at UNT Curriculum Committee. If approved, you will be notified to confirm your date, time, and location.
How will I know if my class has been selected for the semester?
- After the Curriculum Committee meets, they will provide OLLI at UNT staff with the classes chosen for the semester. OLLI at UNT staff will email you with information regarding the status of your class.
What equipment is provided for my class?
- At every location there will be a computer that is equipped with a projector and sound system. You will also have access to a microphone.
Can I bring my own computer?
- It is not recommended due to possible conflicts with our Audio-Visual Systems which could decrease the effectiveness of your class.
Do I need to bring visual aids (i.e. PowerPoint, photos, etc.)?
- Visual aids are not required; however, they are highly recommended. If you should require assistance in creating a power point, please contact us at email@example.com and a staff member will assist you.
Where can I park and do I have to pay for parking?
- Parking is free at all locations.
- UNT Denton Campus: park in the Highland Street Garage (620 Central Ave. Denton, TX, 76201). You will need a parking voucher in order to leave this garage without paying so please see a student assistant upon your arrival to the Union.
- Robson Ranch: park at the Robson Ranch Clubhouse (9400 Ed Robson Blvd. Denton, TX, 76207)
- UNT New College at Frisco: parking is available in front of the building or directly across the street in a parking garage. The address of the UNT New College at Frisco is 2811 Internet Blvd. Frisco, TX 75034.
How early should I arrive before my class?
- You should arrive at least 15 minutes before your class begins in order to set up your presentation.
How do I cancel or reschedule my class?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is my class evaluated?
- Yes, your class is evaluated by members who attend your class. OLLI at UNT staff will hand out evaluations to members. Members will complete the evaluations and return them to the staff. Please remember that evaluations are handed out during the last session of your class.
How do I check the results of the evaluations for my class?
- An OLLI at UNT staff member will collect the evaluations and you will receive an email that will include an evaluation summary which is a single document that has a compiled list of your results.
Do I receive any benefits for teaching for OLLI at UNT?
- Yes, please check out the Faculty Benefits on our website for more information.
How do I receive my discounted meal for teaching at Robson Ranch?
- When the faculty member arrives at Robson Ranch and begins setting up for their lecture, a voucher will be left on their podium for a discount of $12 off their meal for either lunch or dinner at the Wildhorse Grill which is located next to the Clubhouse in the same building as the Wildhorse Golf Club. This voucher can be used for one meal up until the end of the semester.
- The Wildhorse Grill's menu is posted on its website.