Director: Stephanie Reinke, EdD
Assistant Director: Andrea Tuckness, MS
Communications Specialist: Jordan Williams, MA
Budget Officer: Allesanda Griffitt
Student Assistant Coordinators: Hailey Ellis, Anh Huynh, Payton Moore, Katelyn Noah, & Lily Witty
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-369-7293.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Our office closes for all holidays officially observed by UNT.
How Membership Works
- Choose between these membership options:
- $55 Annual Membership - Pay $10 Per Course
- $140 Annual Membership - All Courses Included
- $75 Annual Membership - All Courses Included
- U.S. Armed Services Veterans & members of the following organizations are eligible for the $75 rate: UNT Alumni Association, UNT Retiree Association, & Flower Mound Senior Center.
- Membership Duration: OLLI at UNT offers three semesters each calendar year: Spring, Summer, & Fall. An annual membership consists of 3 consecutive semesters.
- Registration Period: You may purchase a membership at any time during the year. Your annual membership will include the current semester as well as the following two semesters.
- Lecture Series: The "OLLI after 5:00" and "Lunch & Learn" lecture series are included in your membership at no additional cost.
- Special Events: The price of other events will vary. We offer complimentary events whenever possible.
How Courses Work
We offer 300+ courses every year. Our Curriculum Committee, composed of OLLI at UNT members, meets prior to each academic semester to review course proposals. To learn more about the Curriculum Committee, click here.
- We offer courses at five locations.
- No prerequisites. Members can enroll in any of the courses offered.
- Enrollment prior to the first course session is required. However, there are no other enrollment period limitations.
- Courses are generally lecture style, followed by Q&A.
- No tests or grades.
- No mandatory assignments.
- Anyone may propose a course.
- Access to 300+ courses each year, taught by UNT professors (both active and retired) as well as area professionals.
- Our "OLLI After 5:00" and "Lunch & Learn" lecture series are free for all OLLI at UNT members.
- Book checkout privileges at UNT's Willis Library. Contact email@example.com to request your library card.
- Discounted membership at UNT's Pohl Recreation Center.
- OLLI at UNT members may purchase rec center memberships at the UNT Faculty/Staff rates.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-565-2275.
- Discounted dining at Robson Ranch Wildhorse Grill.
- OLLI at UNT members are granted special access and discounts to a number of UNT and local events.
- The UNT Barnes & Noble Bookstore on its Denton campus offers a 10% discount to members who present their OLLI at UNT Member ID card.
- Parking is complimentary at all of our classroom locations.
- Our program began as the Emeritus College in 2009. OLLI at UNT would not be where it is today without the vision of Emeritus College's founding Dean, Dr. James R. Miller (1926 - 2011). Miller, who served as Dean of UNT's College of Education from 1985 to 1991, encouraged the development of this lifelong learning program with the goal of one day earning the designation of an Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Bernard Osher Foundation, our program joined a network of 120 Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes across the United States in 2016.
- In Fall 2018, the Bernard Osher Foundation approved a generous $1 million endowment for our program, ensuring that we will be able to sustain ourselves for many years to come.
Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and OLLI at UNT Ambassadors
We offer many opportunities for members to volunteer their expertise. Please click here to learn more about our Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and Ambassador program.