Director: Stephanie Reinke, EdD
Assistant Director: Andrea Tuckness, MS
Communications Specialist: Jordan Williams, MA
Budget Officer: Allesanda Griffitt
Student Assistant Coordinators: Anh Huynh, Lily Witty, & Katelyn Noah
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-369-7293.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Our office closes for all holidays officially observed by UNT.
How Membership Works
- Choose between these membership options:
- Membership Duration: OLLI at UNT offers three semesters each calendar year: Spring, Summer, & Fall. An annual membership consists of 3 consecutive semesters.
- Registration Period: You may purchase a membership at any time during the year. Your annual membership will include the current semester as well as the following two semesters.
- Lecture Series: The "OLLI after 5:00" and "Lunch & Learn" lecture series are included in your membership at no additional cost.
- Special Events: The price of other events will vary. We offer complimentary events whenever possible.
How Classes Work
We offer 300+ classes every year. Our Curriculum Committee, composed of OLLI at UNT members, meets prior to each academic semester to review class proposals and recommend classes for final review and selection by the Director of OLLI at UNT. To learn more about the Curriculum Committee, click here.
- We offer classes at four locations.
- No prerequisites. Members can enroll in any of the classes offered.
- Enrollment prior to class date is required. However, there are no other enrollment period limitations.
- Classes are generally lecture style, followed by Q&A.
- No tests or grades.
- No mandatory assignments.
- Anyone may propose a class.
- Access to 300+ classes each year, taught by UNT professors (both active and retired) as well as area professionals.
- Our "OLLI After 5:00" and "Lunch & Learn" lecture series are free for all OLLI at UNT members.
- Book checkout privileges at UNT's Willis Library. Contact email@example.com to request your library card.
- Discounted dining at Robson Ranch Wildhorse Grill.
- OLLI at UNT members are granted special access and discounts to a number of UNT and local events.
- The Barnes & Noble on UNT's Denton campus offers a 10% discount to members who present their OLLI at UNT Member ID card.
- Parking is complimentary at our UNT New College at Frisco and Robson Ranch Denton locations.
- The UNT Parking Office offers OLLI at UNT members their own special parking pass for attending classes on the UNT Denton campus. Members can use this pass to park in the Highland Street Garage at a dramatically reduced rate.
- Our program began as the Emeritus College in 2009. OLLI at UNT would not be where it is today without the vision of Emeritus College's founding Dean, Dr. James R. Miller (1926 - 2011). Miller, who served as Dean of UNT's College of Education from 1985 to 1991, encouraged the development of this lifelong learning program with the goal of one day earning the designation of an Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Bernard Osher Foundation, our program joined a network of 120 Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes across the United States in 2016.
Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and OLLI at UNT Ambassadors
We offer many opportunities for members to volunteer their expertise. Please click here to learn more about our Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and Ambassador program.