If you have questions about our program, we invite you to click the orange play button below to listen to a special episode of our podcast, which features an overview of the OLLI at UNT program. Susan Supak, the host of our podcast, interviews three staff members of UNT's Lifelong Learning & Community Engagement department who are responsible for overseeing the program: Director Stephanie Reinke, Assistant Director Andrea Tuckness, and Communications Specialist Jordan Williams. Together, they explain the program in detail, including all of the available membership options, how registration and enrollment works, and all of the programming and benefits that members can enjoy. They even share some behind-the-scenes insights into how a small staff and many dedicated volunteers collaborate to create such a dynamic program.
To listen to other episodes of our podcast, visit olli.unt.edu/podcast.
Director: Stephanie Reinke, EdD
Assistant Director: Andrea Tuckness, MS
Office Coordinator: Renee Smith
Budget Officer: Lakshimi Arumagam
Communications Specialist: Jordan Williams, MA
Student Assistant: Payton Moore
Contact Us: email@example.com or 940-369-7293.
Office Location: 1716 Scripture St., Denton, TX 76201
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Our office closes for all holidays officially observed by UNT.
Mailing Address: 1155 Union Circle #310560, Denton, TX 76203
How Membership Works
- Choose between these membership options:
- $140 Annual Membership - All Courses Included
- $75 Annual Membership - All Courses Included
- U.S. Armed Services Veterans/Spouses & members of the following organizations are eligible for the $75 rate: UNT Alumni Association, UNT Retiree Association, Flower Mound Senior Center, & Frisco Senior Center.
- $55 Annual Membership - Pay $10 Per Course
- Course Fees are due in advance of the first class meeting. Payment can be made online at the time of enrollment, credit card payments are accepted over the phone, and checks made payable to OLLI at UNT can be mailed to our UNT mailbox (1155 Union Circle #310560, Denton, TX 76203). The staff on-site at our satellite locations cannot accept payment.
- Members at this level can contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-369-7293) to upgrade their membership at any time during their membership period.
- Membership Duration: OLLI at UNT offers three semesters each calendar year: Spring, Summer, & Fall. An annual membership consists of 3 consecutive semesters.
- Registration Period: You may purchase a membership at any time during the year. Your annual membership will include the current or upcoming semester as well as the following two semesters.
- Complimentary Lecture Series: The "OLLI after 5:00" and "Lunch & Learn" lecture series are complimentary for all members, regardless of their membership level.
- Special Events: The price of other events will vary. We offer complimentary events whenever possible.
How Courses & Events Work
We offer 300+ courses every year at five classroom locations located in Denton, Flower Mound, & Frisco. In addition to our courses, we also offer special events to our members. To read a detailed description of how our courses and events work, or to view our current catalog, please click here.
- Access to 300+ courses each year, taught by UNT professors (both active and retired) as well as area professionals.
- Our OLLI After 5:00 and Lunch & Learn lecture series are free for all OLLI at UNT members.
- Book checkout privileges at UNT's Willis Library. Contact email@example.com to request your library card.
- Access to our Member Lounge at our 1716 Scripture Street location during business hours, with complimentary coffee and access to our Free Member Library, featuring donated books that members are welcome to take home.
- Discounted membership at UNT's Pohl Recreation Center.
- OLLI at UNT members may purchase rec center memberships at the UNT Faculty/Staff rates.
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-565-2275.
- 10% off at Robson Ranch Wildhorse Grill with your OLLI at UNT Member ID.
- 15% off at Mr. Chopsticks restaurant with your OLLI at UNT Member ID.
- OLLI at UNT members are granted special access and discounts to a number of UNT and local events.
- The College of Music generously offers OLLI at UNT members complimentary and discounted tickets to select concerts each semester.
- The UNT Barnes & Noble Bookstore on its Denton campus offers a 10% discount to members who present their OLLI at UNT Member ID card.
- Parking is complimentary at all of our classroom locations.
- For decades, the University of North Texas has offered in-person courses of various kinds to the public.
- Our program began as the Emeritus College in 2009. OLLI at UNT would not be where it is today without the vision of Emeritus College's founding Dean, Dr. James R. Miller (1926 - 2011). Miller, who served as Dean of UNT's College of Education from 1985 to 1991, encouraged the development of this lifelong learning program with the goal of one day earning the designation of an Osher Lifelong Learning Institute.
- Thanks to the generosity of the Bernard Osher Foundation, our program joined a network of 120 Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes across the United States in 2016.
- In Fall 2018, the Bernard Osher Foundation approved a generous $1 million endowment for our program, ensuring that we will be able to sustain ourselves for many years to come.
Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and OLLI at UNT Ambassadors
We offer many opportunities for members to volunteer their expertise. Please click here to learn more about our Advisory Council, Standing Committees, and Ambassador program.