Member Leadership & Participation
Participation in OLLI at UNT can mean much more than attending classes and enjoying other activities. It can also mean volunteering to help plan, direct, advise and grow the program. Every member is encouraged to consider joining a Standing Committee, serving as an OLLI at UNT Ambassador, and standing for election to the Advisory Council.
The nine member OLLI at UNT Advisory Council works hand in hand with the OLLI at UNT Director to review and evaluate policies and operations. The Council also works to provide strategic planning that ensures successful program growth and quality that closely aligns with the needs of OLLI at UNT membership. All those who serve on the Council must be elected by the OLLI at UNT membership. Terms of service are two years (five members elected in even numbered years and four in odd numbered years), with the possibility of serving a second consecutive term.
Click the link below to submit a nomination. You may nominate yourself.
OLLI at UNT Standing Committees shall be made up of active members of the OLLI at UNT, including at least one member of the Advisory Council. Standing committee members will be selected by the President and the Director of OLLI at UNT from a list of volunteers solicited annually by the Nominations Committee. Members of standing committees normally serve a two-year term with an option to serve one additional consecutive term. *Also, members of standing committees must be paid in full members of OLLI at UNT. The President and the Director of OLLI at UNT may make appointments to standing committees to ensure continuity and/or minimum numbers.
- Communications Committee: The Communications Committee will work with the Director of OLLI at UNT and staff to review and update on a regular basis the OLLI at UNT web site, related social media, the course catalog, and other electronic and paper communications and notifications to the membership.
- Curriculum Committee: The Curriculum Committee assists the Director of OLLI at UNT and staff in developing plans for a stimulating, well-balanced schedule of classes for each academic term. The committee works in partnership with the Director of OLLI at UNT to identify and recruit instructors and class proposals. Prior to each academic term, with a deadline determined by the Director of OLLI at UNT, the committee shall review class proposals and class evaluations, and shall prepare a list of recommended classes for final review and selection by the Director of OLLI at UNT.
- Marketing Committee: The Marketing Committee assists the Director of OLLI at UNT and staff in development of marketing materials and marketing campaigns.
- Membership Committee: The Membership Committee assists the Director of OLLI at UNT in developing plans for recruitment and orientation of members, retention of continuing members, and outreach to and services for the general membership.
- Nominations and Elections Committee: The Nominations and Elections Committee shall solicit nominees for election to the Advisory Council and for participation in Standing Committees. The Committee is responsible for establishing and reviewing criteria for nominations to the Advisory Council, including but not limited to duration of membership, prior committee participation or other service, and personal statements of interest and experience. The slate of candidates for election will be presented to the Advisory Council for approval no later than the mid-point of the spring academic term to allow for timely notifications to the membership, balloting and announcement of election results.
Click the link below to volunteer to join a Standing Committee.
OLLI at UNT Ambassadors
Our Ambassadors are volunteers who spread the word about OLLI at UNT at events and group meetings in our community. We provide Ambassadors with special training and official promotional materials.
Click the link below to volunteer to become an Ambassador.