Become an OLLI at UNT Member
$50 Spring Semester Membership
We have temporarily adjusted our membership structure due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently offering a single semester membership for just $50 per person. Instructions for how to purchase a membership are included below. This membership fee includes access to all of the activities included in our Spring 2021 Catalog, with no additional fees for our virtual courses. Any special events that carry an additional cost will be clearly marked in our catalog.
Discounted Membership Options
Half price Spring 2021 memberships ($25 per person) are available for individuals who meet the following criteria.
- Active, dues-paying members of the UNT Alumni Association or the UNT Retiree Association.
- Members of the Flower Mound Senior Center or The Grove at Frisco Commons.
- U.S. Armed Services Veterans and their spouses.
Purchase A Membership
Buy 1, Get 2nd Half Off: If you purchase a full price membership online, you will receive a Promo Code for a 50% discount on a second membership in your confirmation email. Share that code with a friend or loved one to encourage them to join you for OLLI at UNT's spring semester. Our registration form below also contains a page for adding a second membership at half price for those who wish to register by mail.
Returning Members: Sign in to the Member Portal to purchase your Spring 2021 membership through the "Membership" category using a credit card. To pay by mail, send a check made payable to "OLLI at UNT" to 1155 Union Circle #310560, Denton, TX 76203. If you're unsure when your current membership expires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAIL: Click the button below to download our registration form. Complete and print the form; then mail it along with a check to the address indicated on the form.
- Membership Duration: The spring semester will begin the first week of February and run through the end of April. All Spring 2021 memberships will be active from the date of purchase until April 30, 2021.
- Course & Event Enrollment: Members can enroll in any live Zoom course, Special Interest Group (SIG), or event by either signing in to the Member Portal, emailing email@example.com, or calling 940-369-7293. Once enrollment is completed, members will receive a confirmation email containing private Zoom links for each course or SIG. When a course or SIG is about to meet, members should consult their confirmation email and click the appropriate link to join the session.
- The Great Courses: To gain access to the selections we've purchased from The Great Courses, members can sign in to the Member Portal and enroll in any of the Great Courses available. Once enrollment is completed, members will receive a confirmation email containing the log in information for OLLI at UNT's account on The Great Courses website. Members can also request access by emailing email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course Recordings: We receive permission from many of our instructors to record their Zoom courses. If you happen to miss a session, check our weekly email for a link to the recording.
Here are a few of the special events we're offering in addition to our virtual courses:
- Great Decisions group discussions moderated by Dr. Jim Goodnow
- Author events and a filmmaker spotlight
- A UNT Sky Theater Streaming Planetarium Experience
- A series of cooking demonstrations from Chef Jodi Duryea
- Access to new selections from The Great Courses
- Take-home painting and cheese tasting events
- New virtual Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Virtual lectures from UT Southwestern Medical Center personnel
Watch Our Information Session
We recorded our Catalog Reveal event, which featured an overview of the OLLI at UNT program and a description of our planned activities for the spring. This event took place on December 11, 2020.
CORRECTION: At around the 23:41 mark, this presentation incorrectly lists "Great American Booksellers" as one of the new Great Courses selections available to members this spring. We are actually offering "The American West: History, Myth, & Legacy" in its place.