How to Take Undergraduate Courses at UNT

The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNT develops its own not-for-credit courses. OLLI at UNT cannot enroll individuals in undergraduate or graduate courses being offered by UNT's academic divisions. If you wish to enroll in an undergraduate course being offered by one of UNT's academic divisions, please consider the options below.

Auditing Undergraduate Courses

  • The university’s official policy on auditing a course is listed here:  
    • Here is the relevant portion of that policy: “A person 65 years of age or older may enroll as an auditor and observer without credit and without payment of a fee, if space is available and if approved by the department chair and the appropriate dean. Such enrollment entitles the person to library privileges, but not to instruction in applied music or physical education, the use of laboratory equipment and supplies, or admission to university-sponsored fine arts events.”

Senior Citizen Tuition Exemption

The Office of the Registrar (940-565-2111), along with Student Accounting and University Cashiering Services (940-565-3225), are the correct entities to assist you with auditing a class or claiming a tuition exemption.

Professional Development

The Professional Development Experience (PDX) brings together industry experts and UNT faculty and staff to deliver industry-leading professional programs. These courses, certificates, and conferences help our learners to maintain a competitive edge in their chosen field or enhance their resume to take steps into a new one. For questions related to PDX or requests for collaboration, please visit or contact the DSI Enterprise team at