OLLI at UNT courses are solely intended to educate our members, not to facilitate financial gain of the instructors or of any other individuals or organizations, either directly or by increasing business or contribution opportunities.
UNT Press Author Spotlight Series: Authors of books published by UNT Press are allowed to make official promotional book flyers available to OLLI members at their presentations.
- Faculty must not promote or sell any product, service, or business enterprise, including personal consulting services, to OLLI at UNT members.
- At no time should faculty directly solicit any contribution to any charitable, research, or business organization or to any other individual or organization.
- Faculty should not distribute or make available to members any business card, unless a member voluntarily requests one.
- Faculty should not distribute or make available to members printed materials and/or references to websites, except for materials and websites that directly pertain to the educational purpose of their OLLI at UNT course.
- Faculty should not directly ask members to "opt in" to their business or other communications, or to the communications of any other individual or organization, unless a member voluntarily requests to do so.
- Members recommend offering a visual aid such as PowerPoint to accompany the lecture if possible.
- Members recommend having a reference sheet or handout available online.
- Please submit handouts (if applicable) at least 3 business days before your course.
- When confirming their course, faculty should note if their presentation will have an audio or video component.
- Faculty should arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their course.
- We ask that faculty direct members to save their questions until the end of the session so as not to monopolize the lecture.
- Faculty should allow at least 10-15 minutes towards the end of each session for questions.
- When asked a question, we ask that faculty repeat the question for the entire class before providing an answer.
- We ask that faculty be mindful of the fact that there will usually be another faculty member teaching after you and OLLI at UNT staff may need to reset the room prior to the next scheduled course. Please close the session according to the schedule.
- If members would like to continue their discussions after the session, we ask that faculty request they first move to the hall or another area.