We invite you to volunteer to teach for OLLI at UNT.
Many who teach for OLLI are retired professors, but others are active faculty, subject matter experts, or area professionals who are interested in sharing their knowledge and experience with a community of senior learners. You can teach in your area of academic expertise, or you can offer courses in subjects of personal interest to you.
One of the chief aims of the OLLI program is to provide older adults with intellectually stimulating educational activities that allow them to engage in a substantive way with important ideas and subject matter. Keeping in line with that mission, we encourage our OLLI at UNT faculty members to consider teaching a multi-session course. Courses can run from one to four 90-minute sessions.
Our Spring 2021 semester will run from February through April, with virtual courses being offered on Zoom during business hours on weekdays.
- A faculty member may attend OLLI at UNT courses during the semester they teach at no cost. To claim a complimentary faculty membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty members who teach at our Scripture Street location may park in our dedicated OLLI Faculty spot right up front.
- Faculty members who teach at Robson Ranch will receive a discounted meal voucher for the Robson Ranch Wildhorse Grill.
- Any faculty member who is a current UNT professor, staff member, or graduate student will receive a letter of appreciation from our director that will also be sent to their corresponding Dean and Chair.
- Teaching for OLLI at UNT is a unique volunteer opportunity that is very valuable on a resume or CV.
- All faculty members are invited to attend our annual Faculty Appreciation events.
We ask that those who teach for OLLI at UNT observe our Faculty Paradigms.
Questions? Consult our Faculty FAQ Page or contact OLLI@unt.edu or 940-369-7293.
Sample OLLI at UNT Courses
The videos above offer examples of the high quality, informative, and well-organized lectures our members have come to expect from OLLI at UNT faculty.
However, these examples represent only a sample of subjects that are popular with our members. Our members are interested in all topics!